Get to Know the Area:
London Bridge, situated in the heart of London, is a vibrant and bustling district that offers a blend of history, culture, and modern attractions. The area is named after the iconic London Bridge (shocking that), which spans the River Thames and connects the City of London with Southwark.
London Bridge has played a significant role in the city's history, serving as a vital transportation route and witnessing various transformations over time.
Choosing to stay in London Bridge means immersing yourself in the vibrant energy of central London. With its central location, you'll have easy access to renowned landmarks, world-class attractions, and a myriad of dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
Our Hidden Gems:
London Bridge is home to Borough Market which we cannot recommend having a walk around however, we wanted to give you a couple of other less known activities too:
- The Southwark Cathedral Roof Climb: Southwark Cathedral, located near London Bridge, offers a unique opportunity to explore the cathedral from an entirely different perspective. Climb up to the cathedral's roof and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of London's skyline. Led by knowledgeable guides, the roof climb provides an unforgettable experience and a chance to appreciate the city's beauty from a serene and elevated vantage point.
- The Fashion and Textile Museum: Tucked away in Bermondsey, just a short walk from London Bridge, the Fashion and Textile Museum is a hidden gem for fashion enthusiasts. Founded by iconic British designer Zandra Rhodes, the museum celebrates the world of fashion, textiles, and design through a diverse range of exhibitions.
Our Foodie Recommendations:
We can't expect you to eat with us in Belushis every night, so we’ve added in a couple of local restaurants we personally recommend.
- Padella: This acclaimed pasta bar serves fresh, handmade pasta dishes that will delight your taste buds. From classic favourites to innovative creations, Padella offers a memorable Italian dining experience.
- The Coal Shed: A steak and seafood restaurant known for its quality ingredients and expertly cooked dishes. The Coal Shed offers a menu that celebrates the best of British produce, providing a delectable dining experience.
- 🍃Plant Option - Tibits: A popular vegetarian and vegan buffet-style restaurant with a location near London Bridge. You can create your own plant-based plate from a diverse selection of dishes.
Our Local Pub/Bar Recommendations:
As long as you start and end the night with us we won’t be too picky about where you end up in the middle.
- The Old Thameside Inn: Located along the riverbank, this traditional pub offers a cosy atmosphere and a wide selection of beers, ales, and ciders. Enjoy a pint while taking in the riverside views. Nine Lives: A stylish cocktail bar with a hidden entrance,
- Nine Lives specialises in craft cocktails made from sustainable and seasonal ingredients. Immerse yourself in the intimate ambiance and savour expertly crafted drinks.