Get to Know the Area:
Newquay is a picturesque coastal town located in Cornwall, Southwest England. It is renowned for its stunning beaches, vibrant surf culture, and breathtaking coastal landscapes. Newquay attracts visitors from around the world with its renowned surfing spots, lively atmosphere, and charming seaside vibe.
Our hostel in Newquay provides the perfect base to experience the town's coastal beauty and thrilling water sports. With its seafront location (and view) you really can’t get any closer to the water.
Our Hidden Gems:
Newquay offers hidden gems that showcase its unique coastal charm:
- Lusty Glaze Beach: Tucked away in a secluded cove, Lusty Glaze Beach offers a tranquil oasis with golden sands and crystal-clear waters. It's the perfect spot for relaxation, beach-combing, and exploring coastal caves. You can also indulge in thrilling activities like coasteering or enjoy a delicious meal at the beachfront restaurant.
- Huer's Hut: Located on Towan Headland, Huer's Hut is a historic structure that played a crucial role in the town's fishing heritage. In the past, a lookout would stand in the hut and watch for shoals of pilchards. Once spotted, they would shout to alert the fishermen. The hut offers panoramic views of Newquay's coastline and provides a glimpse into the town's maritime history.
Our Foodie Recommendations:
We can't expect you to eat with us in Belushi's every night, so we’ve added in a couple of local restaurants we personally recommend.
- The Fish House: A seafood restaurant with a focus on locally sourced ingredients. From succulent lobster and crab to mouthwatering fish and chips, The Fish House offers a delectable dining experience with stunning coastal views.
- The Stable: Serving delicious pizzas and locally crafted ciders. With a menu featuring unique combinations of fresh, seasonal ingredients, The Stable offers a memorable dining experience that celebrates the flavours of Cornwall. (🍃With plant friendly options available!)
Our Local Pub/Bar Recommendations:
As long as you start and end the night with us we won’t be too picky about where you end up in the middle.
- The Red Lion: A traditional pub with a warm and welcoming atmosphere. We suggest enjoying a pint of local ale or cider in the charming beer garden.
- Belushi's: Fine, maybe we want you to enjoy the middle of the night with us too. Why wander far when you can just go downstairs? With live sport and music where else would you want to be.