Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay at Berlin Mitte Hostel.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
Good-to-know: opening hours!
- Enjoy our rooftop (go up to L5 in the elevator and continue up the stairs) and terrace between 8:00 - 21:30 Monday-Saturday!
- Our laundry is open every day from 7:00. Sometimes it closes early for private events, but it is normally open until 22:00. It is coin operated and you can buy a laundry pod from Reception for just 1€.
- Sign up for our 19:00 welcome drinks Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday!
- Join our Mojito Masterclass at 19:00 every Thursday!
- Ask the bar if you'd like to play beer pong!
- Our pool table is open for use downstairs until 22:00
- Feel like playing some games? Ask reception to see what is available.
Sights and activities:
- Brandenburg Gate (15-20 minute walk)
- One of the most famous landmarks in Berlin, which has served as both a symbol of division within Germany and also reunification!
- East Side Gallery (25 minute train - get on the S Bahn from Friedrichstraße Station to Ostbahnhof)
- A permanent open air gallery on the longest surviving section of the Berlin Wall.
- Berlin Wall Memorial (20 minute walk)
- A large open air exhibition on the former border strip. The documentation centre
- Berliner Dom (13 minute walk)
- A famous Protestant church on Museum Island
- Museum Island (5 minute walk)
- One of the most important Museum complexes in Europe, consisting of 5 museums on the northern part of the Spreeinsel.
- Teufelsberg (20 minute train - take the S3 or S9 to Heerstraße and walk 30 min)
- An old spy tower which has been converted into a large street art gallery. Don’t forget to bring some beers for the journey there.
- Mauer Park on a Sunday (20 minute tram or 30 minute walk)
- A large flea market, with karaoke in the Amphitheatre in the afternoon!
Restaurants or cafes:
- Cocodrillo - a cool, quirky Italian restaurant
- Cocolo Ramen - great Ramen place in Mitte
- House of Small Wonder - Japanese brunch fusion
- Wokshow - plates of 20 dumplings! Great for large groups.
- Markthalle Neun - Food market
- Tucker Brunch Bar - Australian style cafe
- Dschungel Bar - funky bar with forest theme
- Loophole - check the schedule to see what’s on!
- Mein Haus am See - late night bar in Mitte
- Klunkerkranich - cool rooftop bar in Neukölln
- BRLO Brewery - indoor and outdoor seating, connected to a big park!
Check the Resident Advisor (RA Guide) App for the most up-to-date information on Berlin club and bar events.
- Wilde Renate - an unrenovated apartment building turned Techno Club in Friedrichshain, characterised by lots of rooms and an outdoor courtyard. Set to be torn down to make way for a highway - visit whilst you can!
- Else - great venue for Summer day parties
- Kater Blau - a casual Techno club with a riverside terrace
- Sisyphos - dress colourful - this club is like a festival, and is open non-stop from Friday to Monday! Lineups are almost never announced, but sometimes include international DJs.
- About Blank - a formerly illegal, multi-room club right near Ostkreuz S-Bahnhof. It has 2 main indoor rooms and a large garden in summer!