When you make your booking via Hostelworld, you are offered a choice of 2 different rates.
1) The Standard rate (Free Cancellation, please see Conditions), which amongst other perks, can be paid upon arrival.
2) The Non-refundable rate, that requires to be fully paid in advance, and is usually cheaper.
During the booking process, it looks as below:
And if you hover over icon, you can see additional information:
The conditions of the Non-refundable booking are also communicated in great detail in the Terms and Conditions of your Agent, as well as in the Hostelworld confirmation email:
And the confirmation email you receive from St Christopher's or Flying Pig:
1. To complete your booking, you pay a deposit to Hostelworld regardless of the rate selected. To learn more about refunds of your deposit in case of cancellation, please see here.
2. The non-refundable Hostelworld bookings are only guaranteed once fully prepaid.
3. Our Reservation Agents will reach out to you via email should we encounter any troubles with securing the payment.
4. You can pay for your reservation by following the link in the confirmation email sent by the property or by entering your booking reference here.
(booking reference must be in the following format HWL-number-number with no spaces or special signs)