Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay at Berlin Alexanderplatz Hostel.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
Good-to-know: opening hours!
- Laundry is open every day from 7:00 until 10PM. Coin operated! You can get a laundry pod at reception.
Our Hostel events are great fun but they’re also sneaky and they change and move around all the time so stop by reception to get the most up-to-date info on the Event’s times and whereabouts!
We do Welcome drinks and Cocktail Masterclasses, we celebrate holidays, national days and special occasions, sometimes even regular days. We also have a bunch of board games you can grab and have have a little event on your own!
Sights and activities:
- Brandenburg Gate (30 minute walk or 10 min U5 line from Alexanderplatz)
- One of the most famous landmarks in Berlin, which has served as both a symbol of division within Germany and also reunification!
- East Side Gallery (20 minute train - get on the S Bahn from Alexanderplatz)
- A permanent open air gallery on the longest surviving section of the Berlin Wall.
- Berlin Wall Memorial.
- A large open air exhibition on the former border strip. The documentation centre
- Berliner Dom (20 minute walk or 5 min U5 line from Alexanderplatz)
- A famous Protestant church on Museum Island
- Museum Island (20 minute walk or 5 min U5 line from Alexanderplatz )
- One of the most important Museum complexes in Europe, consisting of 5 museums on the northern part of the Spreeinsel.
- Mauer Park on a Sunday (20 minute walk or 10 minute in the U2 line just in front of the hostel)
- A large flea market, with karaoke in the Amphitheatre in the afternoon!
Restaurants bars and cafes (top of the pops):
- La cantina - a really cheap but good italian restaurant --> Torstrasse 124.
- King King - asian fusion cuisine right around the corner --> Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 17.
- What do you fancy love? - a coffe shop offering a really good breakfast to start your day (but check our in-house brekkie first!) --> Linienstraße 41.
- Coffee circle - coffe place with good chilled vibes and strong wi-fi connection. Ideal to work on your laptop or attend meetings online --> Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 19
- Mein Haus am See - cool bar with loads of peeps and open until late at night --> Brunnenstraße 197-198
- Dschungel Bar - funky bar with forest theme
- Loophole - check the schedule online to see what’s on!
- Klunkerkranich - cool rooftop bar in Neukölln
- BRLO Brewery - indoor and outdoor seating, connected to a big park!
Check the Resident Advisor (RA Guide) App for the most up-to-date information on Berlin club and bar events.
- Wilde Renate - an unrenovated apartment building turned Techno Club in Friedrichshain, characterised by lots of rooms and an outdoor courtyard. Set to be torn down to make way for a highway - visit whilst you can!
- Else - great venue for Summer day parties
- Kater Blau - a casual Techno club with a riverside terrace
- Sisyphos - dress colourful - this club is like a festival, and is open non-stop from Friday to Monday! Lineups are almost never announced, but sometimes include international DJs.
- About Blank - a formerly illegal, multi-room club right near Ostkreuz S-Bahnhof. It has 2 main indoor rooms and a large garden in summer!