Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay in Bruges.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
Good-to-know & opening hours
- Bike Rental: open 7 days a week, from 8am to 8pm
Hostel Guest Special Price: €12 for all day / €8 for 4hrs
- You can grab a pizza for 10€ in the bar too, to go with the happy hour drinks! We serve pizzas until midnight-ish (Parma Ham/Spicy Salami/5 Cheese/Vegan Spinach)
- Nearest pharmacy is open every day except Sunday from 9am to 6pm and you can find it at Langestraat 36
- Nearest ATMs are located at the city centre, just a short walk from the hostel
Traveling solo? The weather is bad? Don’t feel like hitting the town? Worry not, we got you covered!
Come taste some beers with us daily (sign up at reception!) or play some beer pong in the bar. Or, well…both!!
We also do Latin Night parties on Tuesdays, crazy popular and ridiculously fun Karaoke on Wednesdays and Crazy Hat Drinking Games on Fridays (psssst! Wear your own or borrow one of our crazy hats to get a discount!).
Feel like playing some board games? Ask reception to see what is available.
Sights and activities
- Belfry Tower (15 minute walk) - 83-metre tall tower in the middle of the main market square where you have the best view possible for €15.The Belfry of Bruges is a mediaeval bell tower in the centre of Bruges, Belgium. One of the city's most prominent symbols
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (15 minute walk) FREE - The Basilica of the Holy Blood is a Roman Catholic basilica in Bruges.
- Church of Our Lady (15 minute walk) FREE - The Church of Our Lady or Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk dates from the 13th century and is best known as being the home of Michelangelo’s Madonna and Child statue which attracts visitors from around the globe.
Fun fact! The piece was the only one by Michelangelo to leave Italy whilst the artist was still alive.
Get interactive in the Historium (12 minutes walk) 15€ - This part museum part mediaeval movie is an interactive museum experience like no other. Situated in a beautiful neo gothic building near the city’s market square, the museum’s sole objective is to take visitors back to mediaeval Bruges via an hour long audio and video tour. The historical accuracy (or lack of it) and the lack of facts make this more of an exciting experience for children and families rather than a learning experience about the city and its mediaeval history.
Retsin’s Lucifernum (10 minute walk) 10€ - Peculiar place inspired by E.A. Poe. The host, Mr Retsin, is welcoming his guests and giving recommendations about what to see. At the end, you get a cocktail at the house. You walk through a home decorated in creepy dolls and paintings. It feels like walking through a living horror movie
Restaurants or cafes
- Lion Belge - Typical Belgian Food
- Passage - Typical Belgian Food, but very fancy interior
Ribs ‘n Beer - Not so Belgian, but all you can eat Spare Ribs for 20€
- Delayney’s - Irish Pub that sells good food for a cheap price.
- Mas - Best Mexican Food in Bruges - according to Mexican people :)
- Rose Red - Amazing Belgian bar with the best service and a lot of options
- Cambrinus - Bar/Restaurant
- La Casita - Fancy Cocktail Bar
- De Garre - Secretly located bar that brews their own beer that you can not get anywhere else
- Trappiste - underground bar in the centre with over 300 beers
- Bar Ran - Cocktail Bar with very friendly staff and professional drinks
- Bauhaus Bar - Old ecstatic bar with the best Belgian beers and 3 happy hours!
- Beer Wall - Brewpub & bottle shop with a wall-of-beer exhibit & an outdoor patio offering charming river views.
De Coulissen - only club in Bruges. Open from Wednesday until Saturday until 6am. Always a DJ and they set the bar on fire at the end of the night.