Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay at Paris Canal.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
Good-to-know & opening hours
- Our laundry is open 24/7. It is coin operated and you can buy a laundry pod from Reception.
- You can enjoy our chill-out lounge from 7am until 1am!
- Lockers are available for guests 24/7 before and after their stay
- Sign up for our free hostel event everyday at 8pm!
- Ask the bar if you'd like to play beer pong
- Feel like playing some games? Ask reception to see what is available.
- Join the free walking tour at 11am every day at Place de St. Michel
Our local favourites
- Parc de Buttes Chaumont - Spanning over 60 acres, Buttes Chaumant is one of the most beautiful parks in Paris! - 10 minutes walk
- Canal de l'Ourcq - Do as the French do and make the most of our picturesque canal, you can also rent a boat and go for a cruise!
- Cité de Sciences - Get your geek on at the Planetarium and IMAX theatre - 15 minutes
- Parc de la Villette - The third largest park in Paris with local exhibitions and a melt of cultures - 10 minutes walk
Distance from Canal hostel to popular Paris attractions
- Notre Dame - 25 minutes by metro
- The Louvre - 25 minutes by metro
- Montmartre - 20 minutes by metro
- Eiffel tower - 45 minutes by metro
Restaurants or cafes
- Le Bastringue - For a cool French dining experience, check the bistro around the corner
- Pavillon des Canaux - A very cool decorated bar/cafe just across the canal. Have a drink in the bathtub while you are there
- Simonetta - Beautiful Italian restaurant just a few minutes away. Give their pìstacchio pizza a chance, it is delicious!
- Paname - Grab a beer in a local brewery by the canal
- Bar a bulles - Check this rooftop bar on top of the iconic Moulin Rouge
- Moonshiner - A hidden bar that will take you back in time
- La Gare - Jazz lovers, this is your spot! Enjoy their free concerts everyday until midnight!
- Kilometre 25 - Techno music about 20 minutes walking in Parc de la Villette
- Wonderlust - A trendy nightclub with a roof terrace & River Seine views -32 mins by metro