Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay in Edinburgh.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
- Our laundry is located at our Original site on the 2nd floor, it's open every day from 8am to 10pm, It is card operated only, and you can buy a laundry pod from Reception.
- Our chill out and locker room is open daily 24/7, our lockers are coin operated only
- Jake's cafe, our hostel cafe opens at 7am and closes at 4pm on a daily basis, our guests have awesome discounts there just for staying at the hostel!
- We offer free organic refillable shampoo and body soap at the front desk which is accessible 24/7, as part of our sustainable campaign.
- Our guests can purchase and rent certain items from our 24/7 front desk shop, such items are: travel adaptors, padlocks, and sugar cane reusable water bottles
- Sharing a room with a loud snorer? Fear not! We have free ear plugs at our 24/7 reception!
- The closest ATM to our hostel is located inside Waverley Train Station, just a few steps away!
- In need of a pharmacy? Look no further, we got two Boots stores just a few minutes walking distance from us, one located on the ground floor of Waverley Train Station and the other one at the top of Cockburn Street
All our hostel events are FREE and crazy fun!
We offer a wide range of free hostel events, every week, which are displayed at our events board at the front desk, some of our regular weekly events are wine & cheese nights, Sangria sip & paint and Salsa dancing nights!
If you’re staying with us on a Thursday, you’re one lucky fellah because Thurdays are Pizza days in our book! Joins us at 19:00 every Thursday for some free pizza slices and we’ll treat everyone to a free beer as well!
And if you’re staying with us between Wednesday to Saturday, make sure you check out live music gigs at Belushi’s. Don’t forget to use your Guest deals discount on food and drinks but please use it responsibly :)
For the board game fans, we have a selection at reception so stop by and check it out!
Sights and activities
- Edinburgh Castle - (7 minutes walking distance) Perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city, this should be a must-see on your list of places to visit in Edinburgh
- The National Museum of Scotland - (9 minutes walking distance) It's a rainy day in Edinburgh and don't know what to do? Visit the National Museum of Scotland, one of the best indoor attractions in Edinburgh - and entry is free! With over 20,000 unique artefacts to see, there's something for everyone.
- Camera Obscura & World of Illusions - (7 minutes walking distance) awesome optical illusions museum with breathtaking rooftop views.
- The Whisky Experience - (7 minutes walking distance) because you can't just simply come to Scotland without drinking a wee dram of our finest local Whisky.
- Portobello Beach - (Grab the bus 26 from Princes Street and in approximately 35 minutes you will be at the beach) A beautiful excursion to the seaside without leaving the city, walk Portobello's promenade, grab a bite and a drink and visit the many pretty local shops at their high street.
- Calton Hill - (10 minutes walking distance) Easy accessible viewpoint for the city.
- Dean Village - (30 minutes walking distance) Bucolic village abutting a tranquil stream, with gardens, 19th-century buildings & a museum.
- Royal Botanic Garden - (20 minutes by bus) Beautifully looked after gardens, and the entrance is free!
- Water of Leith Walkway - 12-mile path that runs alongside the small Water of Leith river & popular with walkers & cyclists.
- The Edinburgh Dungeon - (Just across the road from us!) The ultimate underground journey through Edinburgh's darkest history, using live actors, theatrical sets and thrilling rides.
Arthur's Seat & Holyrood Park- (20 minutes walking distance) Awesome climbing adventure right in the heart of the city centre, the views from the top are stunning!
Restaurants or cafes
- MUMS great comfort food - specialises in traditional British dishes and retro favourites
- Union of Genius - spot offering a daily soup selection along with breakfast and coffee.
- Oink - Home of the best pulled pork sandwich in town.
- Wings - spot offering only chicken wings and hot sauce.
- Civerinos pizza - Affordable and delicious pizza slices.
- Maki & Ramen - Japanese restaurant with many spots in town.
- Pizza Posto - Italian folks swear about how good this place is.
- Ting Thai Caravan - Thai food.
- Taco Libre - Mexican folks swear about how good the tacos in this place are.
- The Haggis Box - Because one can't come to Scotland and not have Haggis.
- Tempting Tattie - baked potatoes with amazing toppins.
- Howies - Traditional Scottish food done well.
- Natural Food Kafe - Organic, gluten-free delicious food, selling a huge variety of teas.
- Snax Cafe - Greasy hearty breakfast like the locals? Yes, please!
- NQ64 - Quirky bar & arcade awash in colourful neon lights, offering cocktails, craft beers & retro games.
- Stramash - Awesome pub with tons of live music every night.
- Whistlebinkies - music bar with bands every night, plus cask ales & a wide variety of whiskies.
- The Banshee Labyrinth - Haunted-themed venue with bars, cinema, live bands and music nights from metal to punk and rave.
- Dirty Dick's - Quirky, rustic pub, crammed with bric-a-brac and memorabilia, with an outdoor terrace.
- Teuchters Landing - Awesome rustic pub down in the Shore with the best terrace in town to drink outdoors!
- Lane 7 - Whether you want to drink, bowl, play darts, pool or have some fun in the batting cages, Lane7 is the place for you!
- Deacon Brodies Tavern - Traditional rustic Scottish pub with good vibes.
- Cold Town House - Pizza, prosecco and craft beers with an awesome rooftop terrace with the best Edinburgh Castle views.
- The 1820 Rooftop bar - If you are looking for a bit fancier experience, the guys from Johnnie Walker in Princes Street got a fancy rooftop bar with stunning views of the city skyline.
- El Barrio Latino - Cuban-style bar and dance club with cocktails, leather sofas and weekend salsa classes.
- Legends - Rock, punk, heavy metal.
- CC Blooms - Buzzing, unpretentious gay club over two levels with bars, dance floor and regular cabaret nights.
- The Liquid Room - 800-capacity venue for intimate live shows, touring bands, tribute nights and dance clubs.
- Secret Arcade vodka bar - Insane menu full of different flavoured vodka shots options.
- Supercube - Karaoke venue with a number of modern, private rooms, offering a drinks and snacks menu.