Check out the list below to see what our staff recommend and get the info on handy opening hours and cool hostel activities during your stay in Newquay.
It's all part of the real hostel experience, where you can mingle with fellow travellers and make the most of your stay!
- Reception is open from 8am-11pm.
- Once reception closes, we have a 24hour door for guests to enter/exit out of, this door is just to the right of the main reception door.
- We have Goki SmartLocks! To check in faster, please download the Goki app
- At reception we sell shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush kits (toothbrush and toothpaste), mouthwash, shaving foam, face wipes and hand sanitiser as well as padlocks!
- Closest ATM would be Sainsbury's (TR7 1NF). Literally a 2 minute walk up the road from us.
- We have a designated beer pong area - please just ask staff.
- Board games are available at the bar.
- Our pool table is open for use downstairs until 23:00
- We do not have onsite parking available for guests.
- Closest free parking would be in the residential areas just behind the Sainsburys (Fernhill Road, Jubilee Street, Tower Road).
- Closest long stay car parks would be Belmont Car Park and St George's Road Carpark.
- There is a card park directly next to us (Fore Street Car Park), however this is a short stay car park with a maximum time allowance of 2 hours.
- Some car parks are free during the winter months, please either check the car park boards for this information or go onto the Cornwall Council websites (here you will find all pricing also).
Sights and activities
- Surfing - we are first and foremost a surf hostel. We have a surf school directly attached to us where you get discounted surf lessons whilst staying at the hostel. Even if you don't want to do a lesson, we recommend renting a board and getting in the water. Fistral beach would be your main surfing beach however Towan beach (directly in front of the hostel) offers great waves too. Speak to staff about local places to rent boards/wetsuits.
- South West Coastal Path - Newquay is directly on this path. You can either go left from the hostel and follow the path towards Porth/Watergate bay, or go right and follow the path towards Fistral / Crantock. We have maps available at the hostel for your use.
- Blue Reef Aquarium - fun for all ages! Here you can get close up views of exotic species, sharks and turtles. You can also watch feeding sessions.
- Newquay Harbour - The harbour boasts beautiful views, clear water, is sheltered from the wind and in summer has lots of food options at the Boat House. It is also probably the best spot for swimming during high tide. You might even see a seal or two swimming around the boats.
Restaurants and cafes
- Fore Street Cafe - directly opposite us, Fore Street care does yummy breakfasts and is a great place to go for a morning coffee.
- Pavilion - right next to us, they do great coffees and bagels.
- Coffee On The Corner - about a 10 minute walk from us, probably the cosiest cafe in town. Feels like a home away from home.
- Nalu - they do coffees, cakes and lovely food too. Try the Poke Bowls - you wont be dissapointed.
- Concho Lounge - right in the centre of town. They have a huge menu that caters well to veggies/gf.
- The Fort In - traditional pub type place with views out onto the sea. They do a really nice carvery on Sundays.
- The Red Lion - another traditional pub with views onto the harbour. They have bands / live music on most weekends and serve traditional pub grub.
Bars and clubs
- Sailors Pub - just a few doors down from us. Good prices and atmosphere.
- Sailors Club - attached to the pub above, this is probably the club in town that opens the latest.
- Cave - Modern style bar right in the centre of town. Do different music nights depending what week it is.
- Slug & Lettuce - have really good drinks deals on cocktails.
- Tom Thumb - bespoke cocktail bar with an old fashioned vibe.